View Single Post
Old 2007-03-24, 17:42   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

this is a bit redundant, but well, i guess it would be better if the game has its own thread in a more suitable sub-forum.
meh, i didn't expect himeyashop would already start the preorder so quickly...

here is a copy of the post i made on the other sub forum :
Quote:
Higurashi Daybreak Kai

http://www.tasofro.net/index.html

Website of the game : http://www.tasofro.net/higurashi_kai/apend_index.html

now, here are the informations i could gather with a loosy translation with bablefish :
New Features
  • 2 new characters : Hanyuu and Natsumi (obviously XD)
  • Third weapon mode for every character
  • Third Hypermode bar : Kakera (no information about its effect, nor its condition of filling/activating. Yellow Aura) => Some changes will be applied on Oyashiro and Friendship to increase the strategy choice between he 3 Hypermode
  • Spectator mode for Netplay Matches
  • Improved Hosting Interface : 8 slots, Improved Chat
  • New Stage : 「祭具殿前」 : saigu dono mae
  • New costumes
  • Game Balance
this game is an Expansion (bingo cpt obvious!) and will require Higurashi Daybreak previously installed.
this add-on will be released the 22nd April with FINALLY, Higurashi Daybreak Original Soundtrack
its cost appears to be ridiculous : 1000 Yens (yeah, expansion should be cheap, but heh, why not free big patch then? XD)

Additional Information :
Hanyuu will be voiced by Hori Yui
Natsumi will be voiced by Mizuhashi Kaori

so once again, Twilight Frontier managed to grant us a serious fanservice here, with that insane goody (omg, i can't wait for some "auuauauau" moments, while bashing some irie around XD)

As we can see on the screenshots :
1) Hanyuu seems to have a FC based on reflecting/shielding. only 2 charges.
due the ambiguous description, it might play also a role with some time control... maybe some slowing down effect on the oppenents/missile, or a haste effect on herself.
2) Natsumi sounds to be a less mindtrick melee character than shion, but some safer traits : according the description, she will stab several times, doing a barrage as a defensive and offensive move (like Rena's Renapan). 6 shots charges and 10 FC charges with her kitchen knife mode.
3) Rena third weapon seems to be an "even more insane" melee weapon than the actual great "splitting axe"
with only 1 shot charge, and 1 FC charge, it will be a "burst damage" character type (which will be the ranged nightmare... prepare yourself mion!)
Also, note that she has the "Ryukishi" outfit (litteraly : Dragon Rider)... huhuhu...