View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 09:20   Link #52
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Maybe I'm a little disappointed that Double H didn't have a larger presence in Himari's life at the end (in fact it appears in this reality she's just a fan.)
I think that may be my biggest disappointment (which is sort of nitpicking as I am very satisfied with the finale) - sure, what happened makes sense, but it feels like Triple H could really have happened without compromising the whole Penguindrum plot. I knew it'd be foolish to except a 'conventional' happy ending, but this is one happy outcome I was holding onto and thought had fairly good odds of happening, and it would certainly have gotten a few more sobs out of me.

Ah well, not that I'm not already a wreck, though. I don't know which scene I found to be the most emotional, between Shouma's hand reaching Kanba's, or the note from the brothers. I don't think I could've hoped for a better ending for Kanba who is definitely the character who left the strongest impression on me, even though I ended up growing attached to about everyone, which is never an easy feat. Series of the year, thank you Ikuhara.