View Single Post
Old 2009-08-19, 04:16   Link #266
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
This is not really a who attacked first kid fight though. As an adult Rosa is supposed to carry the burden. There's no way around it. Part of being an adult is to accept the responsability to partially nullify yourself as a person for the sake of te next generation. Being unable to do that is already a symptom of psychological immaturity.
That's correct, I wholeheartedly agree. It is just that people claims Rosa has full right to react like this, because Maria is just acting spoiled and messed up.
But that claim doesn't work that way if we speculate that Maria got terribly messed up because of Rosa's reaction. In that kind of situation, it would be a no brainer whose fault it is.

And if it is Maria who was the origin of this situation, like you said, Rosa had the responsibility to do something, which she failed to do so.
Ergo, the conclusion is practically one sided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchoky View Post
I'll give you that both Maria and Rosa are messed up, but I think Maria is more messed up. You would think getting smacked around a few times a day would sober Maria up, but not the case at all... From a psychology/conditioning POV, if you go -uu -uu and get hit, that ought to condition you to not go -uu -uu anymore. I might be wrong, but I don't think Rosa's abusive nature turned Maria into what she is now, she natrually turned out that way (or blame it on Beatrice).
Huh? How can you make such conclusion anyway?
I will say it again, but Maria did -not- consider crazy Rosa as her mother, she even went saying she was the "evil witch" (despite her obsession witches that look more like fluffy magicians instead) and was waiting for her mother.
People do not "naturally turn" abusive all the time, they can be abusive by nature themselves.

Furthermore, from a psychology/conditioning POV, there is no textbook case where all kids will react like this.
Some will feel guilty, but a lot will -not- understand why they are punished. There is absolutely no worse education method than "you are wrong, *bitch slap* shut up" kind of treatment: it isn't educating one bit, it is simply lashing frustration over a child, who is absolutely unable to comprehend why they became a sandbag.
And since I mentioned already that Maria "cannot" recognize her mother, the whole purpose of this violence is not only useless, but basically negative for Maria's development.

If you check the drama and VN, you will realize that Rosa says "I did it again..." which means she OFTEN let loose her violence and abusive behavior despite she herself knows it is unecessary.
There was no point to continue the violence past grabbing Maria's hair (which was already breaking the fine line of abuse already).