View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 10:14   Link #103
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
I think I'm getting a little annoyed by the pacing too. Too many things are being prolonged or put on the back burner that really shouldn't be. For example, I was getting excited when Kiritsugu mentioned ending the fight with Excalibur, but then he reminds me of the fact that Saber is inhibited by the dumb fucking cursed thumb plot armor bullshit that should have never happened in the first place. Every servant summoned in this series is a fucking monster and has all kinds of tricks up their sleeve. Why did they have to nerf the most straightforward fighter of them all? She's just getting her ass handed to her in every appearance.

I didn't feel any sense of tension or plot progression from this episode. Caster feels more like a distraction than a legitimate threat, and he's severely overstayed his welcome. Outside of Ryunosuke's assassination, nothing important really happened in this episode. But since his death didn't do shit to stop Caster, that didn't amount to much either much either.
You summed up everything I had in mind when I was watching this episode.

As for Saber being nerfed, it always happens. F S/N was like that as well and I found the excuse to be stupid and boring as hell. Geez, if you want to create a "monster" character, stop trying to nerf his habilities.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote