View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 18:38   Link #703
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I don't think she trained up to SS because she needed it for the job. I think she just trained up to it because she wanted to and because she can. In terms of combat, she has a pretty unique skillset in the TSAB, not to mention her potential is above and beyond most others.
I remember being lectured once that it was revealed from the M sound stage that Hayate took the test to be SS rank because she want to be promoted, while Nanoha and Fate didn't because their jobs doesn't require them to be that high.

And since my japanese skills are nearly non-existance, I'm forced to take his word for it...

Which reminds me of wondering why are the leaders the strongest if they aren't going to do any of the fighting?

Quote:
Well, no. Don't think he'll stop training in combat either. I can see, though, him thinking that strategy, tactics, coordination, and leadership is more important than simple combat skills.
All of their jobs require leadership skills, agree some more than others, but that said Nanoha/Fate themselves probably haven't been training purely for combat. So I don't think that they'll be pumping iron so much to sky rocket above Chrono.

Chrono himself had several years of head start, as well as special training...