View Single Post
Old 2009-08-10, 16:42   Link #274
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
What about the statement "Mihawk is greater than any other swordsman in the entire world," when he was 1st introduced?
It was Chef Zeff who said that, so since Shanks lost his arm, he's been considered by the rest of the world a has-been. I'm not saying it is the case, I just think it doesn't make much sense for a Yonkou to be weaker than a Shichibukai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold
Then what was all the duels/rivalry between Mihawk and Shanks in the past for then?
Well, sure, that's not to say Shanks doesn't care at all. Back when he had his arm, him and Mihawk fought mutually. But since Mihawk doesn't acknowledge him anymore since he has one arm, clearly Shanks doesn't care. Mihawk called him a has-been and Shanks invited him for a drink. Lol, I think that's pretty indicative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold
I always expected for the SH crew to battle The Red Haired Pirates.

IMO its sh8t writing to build up one characters as the dream of Zoro only say no it this guy.
I can't imagine the circumstances under which they would fight one another, but I'd be lying if I said I could imagine half of the stuff that Oda's pulled out of the hat. You could be right, since One Piece is pretty unpredictable.

As for that about Zoro, I agree, which is why I think there's gotta be some kind of resolution with regards to how strong Shanks is/what Shanks can do, etc., and I'm sure there will be in time. What I've said thus far isn't conclusive, anyway. It's nothing more than speculation, but I don't feel it's wise to rule out Shanks that easily, just based on reputation and what is accepted as general fact in the OP world. I mean, according to the world and what we all believed up until Rayleigh told us otherwise, Roger was captured by Garp.