View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 10:07   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No it's not a crime, what I meant was that we can't use interpretation as evidence because it's basically our words and views against each other which doesn't get us anywhere.
That's ridiiculous. One can at least debate on and assess how much credibility an interpretation has. If we couldn't then then very few debates would get anywhere. Your next point clearly indicates that:

Quote:
For example, why I believe Yozora wasn't just making fun of Sena was because there isn't that little smirk or sly look in her eyes as some signs that she's about to pull a prank. This is more or less just saying the evidence is a lack of evidence, which btw is your defence as well
You're right. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. But I don't need to prove a negative. The proof that I think I'm asking for is quite reasonable and would clearly be used. I would counter that yours isn't. Yozora doesn't always smirk or make a sly look before doing a prank. Remember when they played that virtual reality game and Yozora tricked Senna into virtual suicide? She didn't smirk or have any sly look. She just went ahead and did it. In any case we know it's a prank already. What else could she possibly be doing? You don't think she'd just randomly phone like that and have a conversation about her dinner do you? She was obviously playing a prank. The contention was what motivated her to play that prank. I don't it's a stretch for me to say that she played that prank to mess with Senna because that's generally the purpose of pranks. Did she do it because she was actually offended (None of the typical signs to suggest she was) or not (do I need evidence to prove a negative?)

Quote:
Yes but this was afterwards and Sena had already ran away so there's nothing to be done.
This is true from Yozora's POV, but you asked me personally how I knew. I figured you were arguing that Senna in fact was trying to get her phone number for a prank.

In any case my main point was that Yozora didn't seem suspicious. Let's just recap for a moment. Senna didn't ask for Yozora's phone number first. Actually what she said was "Come on, I'll give you my address too!" and Yozora flatly rejected. This was of course before Yozora glared at Senna and Kodaka exchanging contacts and showing signs of jealousy. If the anime is hinting at anything, it's hinting at that.