View Single Post
Old 2012-04-30, 14:38   Link #1069
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I should stop reading this thread at some point...cause it's killing me softly with laughter.
It might just be me, but I'm finding it hilarious how some people are so strongly against the possibility of a cool, cute and popular girl falling in love with a short, overweight and bullied kid (even if this aversion is just subconsciously) that any form of affection she displays is instantly attributed to her grand plan she has to manipulate him and everyone else is a fool for trusting her. I've read the manga and a bit of the LN, I knew after episode 1/2, after seeing people's reactions Kuroyukihime liking Haru (mostly people saying she's a heartless bitch with a grand plan of some kind) that when it reached this episode that people would instantly say moronic things like "She staged the accident to hook Haru completely! The confession was fake." or "She's using the accident to flesh out Cyan Pile."

I wish I was a psychology student...some people here would be perfect subjects for a term paper or something. The denial is astounding. From those that are like Haru but aren't fortunate enough to find a cute girl like Kuroyukihime to love them so they view it as an impossibility, to those that are the complete opposite of Haru and find that the possibility of this happening as some sort of insult to them.
Eh...you might be reading this, thinking I'm just taking out my ass and that it doesn't apply to you. But then again, the subconscious is a bitch sometimes.

Some of you are probably already thinking up a response saying that I'm the opposite. That they find it laughable that some people are so delusional for believing that it could be possible. Probably already writing up how while some deny the possibility of it happening, that others are too accepting and that in accepting it as being possible, they could some day get a cute girl too.
Might just be covering my bases, but I know full well that some people are like that as well. I am not and never will deny the possibility of some being as such, that would be rather one-sided and simple-minded.

As for me, well I know it's possible. I would probably be one of those a bit too accepting before, but then again I have a personal experience with the situation. Yes, I'm bringing out the "I'm fat (actually not really short, quite tall but I digress) and was a loner yet I have a hot girlfriend!" card. I can already hear people going "bullshit" and "sure you do..." and well...it's the internet, people say something and you either believe it or don't, don't really matter to me which you chose.

But really people, to conclude the rather drawn out post. Just lighten up a bit, it is a possible thing IRL, and even if it weren't we're talking about an anime, a fictional world where anything can happen, so if there can be something like Burst Link...is it that farfetched that a cute girl like s a fat guy?

PS: Just remembered...ever heard of chubby chasers? Or do you also deny the possibility of such a fetish being real?
Sort of have to agree. I know it's easy to assume that she's simply using him and I'm sure there's a personal reason for her hooking up with Haruyuki and she's looking to gain something, but I'm just not getting the malice from her that it's all purely an act and she's some horrible monster that wants to ruin the kid. I think the sort of self-loathing thing she's got going on is legit and probably she doesn't even care that other people see her as this beautiful idol cause she feels like she's horrible on the inside and harboring some demons.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote