View Single Post
Old 2014-04-28, 04:12   Link #1413
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Actually, for me, the bangs are one of the few things in the designs I consider a large improvement. It's one of the elements from Takeuchi's style that I liked quite a bit (I have fond memories of making sure I drew them just right!) so I am happy they captured that in everyone's hairstyles well enough.

I also took note that some of the coloring is indeed more accurate to the manga, though I really wish Rei and Ami had darker hair. (Especially Rei... Black hair with a purple lowlight is just so sexy for her and it contrasted nicely with her outfit + the other scouts.)
They kind of got the bangs wrong though they're much more... Err... Voluminous than they are in Takeuchi's style... They're actually just as weird, anatomically (proportionally) as the broken legs. I also like them in her style, which is probably why it sticks out to me how wrong they look. It makes me think of that movie, Hairspray... In a bad way xD

I do credit them for getting some stuff quite right, but other stuff could have been better. Rei's hair is on the list too.. It's just a tad too grey and light. But they could adjust that easily, at least. Same with the general over saturation.

I do not mind designs being slender, but they are 14 at this point... The faces and proportions would've benefitted from the more round style used in the manga- they could always have gotten longer legs and leaner features later.

Sigh.. Wait and see I guess, but my excitement is starting to die down again. Gundam unicorn this ain't.