View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 18:20   Link #198
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Well then it's up to the director/writers/etc to build up the other characters so that a sufficient amount of their audience can notice them.
I quite agree. But if it is a CE series, who do you think is adept to being faithful to Fukuda's concept, while being able to bring out the best in the characters?
Quote:
Tomino managed with his characters by having them all fight on the same side and having the older characters not being there for a significant amount of time.
This. I would think that Fukuda's fault is that he listened too much on the voices of the audience.He chose not to go on with what was readily available to him. I've heard many people saying that they should have stuck with Destiny being a parallel Zeta with so many similar things, then deviate during the second half. It's a formula that made SEED somewhat successful.

Also, if they really wanted Kira and Lacus to take the spotlight more, they should have expounded their scenes into something. I mean Lacus should've been portrayed as someone who has sufficient knowledge; but then the direction of ep.39 was all over the place. They could've at least expounded on what Lacus thinks of the Destiny Plan or her analyzing the notebook. Remove the scene where Athrun is *prodding* Kira to save Lacus, then have the deduction scene replace it. It would look better as we do not see the Strike-Booster launching, and it would add a surprise factor. Leave the first half of the episode for Lacus to decipher what was in the notebook's contents.

Also Kira's focus on the first half shouldn't have been just one problem, it should've been two. They should have been shown at least learning basic background information about Gilbert, and what he is in the public eye, then from Terminal information.

Had that happened, at least most of the people here won't cry foul when it comes to Lacus being PLANT chairman.