View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 15:16   Link #10046
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
@silvercover
I can not agree. From the standpoint of Zen he has no harem.
Since the beginning of the manga he has no serious variant, different from Medaka.
In fact, this is a rare variant of the manga where the hero loves a _one_ girl for all the action.
I do not understand where is the harem?
Zen has ever hesitated - "perhaps I choose another girl?" or is the text of the manga "where he confesses in his feelings for another girl?"
In my opinion, the tag's harem misleading, certainly less than the "Medaka does not like Zen", but misleading.
Misleading like "the sun revolves around the earth" or "heavy objects fall faster (in vakuum)" - in this sense.
Especially since it makes no sense to talk about the expansion of the harem now.
At a time when the Zen x Medaka happy with each other.
Perhaps Ajimu love (or falling in love) with Zen - but this will not be any development.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think so.

@DawnEmperor
+5 cent about Zen and Medaka.
It reminds method of bisection (simple method for solving nonlinear equations) - in manga, they are moving towards each other.
Medaka from Abnormal to Abnormal + senses of ordinary girl.
Zen from Normal to Normal + ability, but he is an ordinary man (Zero in the classification of the manga).
Medaka -> ordinary girl
Zeen -> ordinary man + incredible abilities.
You must be new to the harem genre. It more common for a main character to chase after a single girl singlemindedly in a harem, than for him to treat all or many girls equally. So yes, by harem genre conventions he does have one. The main character either oblivious to the rest while chasing that girl, or not. But he's still usually chasing the one. Either that or he's not interested/doesn't care about love full stop.

Ironically in the case of shoujo the reverse if thise rarely happens. It's usually an I can't choose sceneario with some being hinted at being the main rather than, I don't know any other girls like me and when i find out I'm still going to chase the girl I've always been chasing.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote