View Single Post
Old 2007-04-06, 19:59   Link #229
Woden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Woden
ARGH!

I'm not saying they should change the ENTIRE system just for Hayate! I'm say they could just make ONE exceptional test for her, to suit your needs!!!

(*Breathe in, breathe out....*)

Ancient Velka may be dead to them at first, but now that they have THREE users, three users of a ultra-rare form of magic, some how that should take priority in the research department.
Maybe it did for a time. Yet once they were able to suitably rip it off without having to use a truly different magic system, they had no need keep it as their main focus. Perhaps in some lab, it is still being worked on. Yet in lieu of a mid-type alternative, there is no reason to focus on Velka.

Let's look at it this way:

You are told to destroy a building. You've been given a series of remote detonating bombs. Yet you know that you can destroy the building just as easily through another method that doesn't use bombs. You are unlikely to be punished for not using the bombs unless there are special circumstances.

It's a case of if it isn't broke, don't fix it. In the current situation of the TSAB, if the mage can get the job done just as well through another method, I doubt they are going to punish the mage for doing things differently. It just makes the system a bit unreliable for comparing two users of different magic types.

Still, lets just move on. Both of us are just repeating ourselves now.
Woden is offline   Reply With Quote