View Single Post
Old 2008-09-29, 03:13   Link #2230
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You see, that's the thing; the "other way" would mean trying to remain as a politician and force his own views on others. That's how it works, but that's not what he wanted. Lulu doesn't WANT to be a God-King. He would much prefer people to rule themselves. As long as he stays, he can't be much more than a tyrant.
Yes. "Enforced kindness", as he put it. Also, Xingke and Ougi didn't seem very open to diplomacy. However, I'm not sure he couldn't have solved that, and weaned the people off his enlightened tyranny, if he'd just given himself time.

But I acknowledge his choice. It's very much like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I would prefer a more realistic version rather than something that comes off like a kids show. If all it took was two months of a tyrant than their would be no more war.
It's not supposed to erase war forever. It's supposed to give people a new start. A chance at peace, one step at a time.

Quote:
2. The new Prime Minister: so Ohgi can't run a group of 5 people but his supposed to rebuild japan, which is a third world country due to war?
Right place right time. It counts for more than competence. (And it's not like anyone ever had a real problem with his competence. He's not Tamaki.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lulu is the type to put himself up to it.

And anyway, at least this time he didn't do it alone; Suzaku was necessary as the other half of the team in order to complete the deception and lie to the world one-last-time.

Charles stopped lying, and instead told everyone to be wild animals that they are deep inside. Lulu lied, in order to make people believe justice exists and that evil can be killed.

And in the end, isn't it what's needed? Justice cannot exist until people believe. Lulu had to pull one last rabbit from the hat, be a showman to the end, and give the world audience one last Act.
It reminds me of Hogfather, by Terry Pratchett. "It's the little lies that make the humans the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape", or something like that.

Maybe justice, compassion and so on are lies. But we must first believe in them if we are to make them real, which is also a theme of Code Geass.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote