View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 13:53   Link #274
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Then why didn't he publish it before 2009?
'cause? But probably because he couldn't find a publisher... that's why most things don't get published.

I'm assuming that's why he didn't publish it back in '02. It wasn't until Accel World took off that he published it. His initial submission for the award was too long so he converted his works to a web format. But I don't actually know how hard he worked between 2002 > 2009 to get SAO published, but he did continue to churn out web novels. Since the web novel was somewhere near the end of Alicization he must have put quite a ton of the material up on the web prior to finding a publisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
...but of course, it was in the work before that and we don't know how long it was, maybe summer 2001 or even before.
This has been brought up before... and honestly I've never understood why it's relevant or even bears mentioning. Unless we're assuming that Reki Kawahara somehow broke into the .hack offices and stole the idea off their storyboards does it really matter who came up with the notion first?

It's, in theory (we don't really have enough information from the anime yet to decide they're identical), a pair of similar notions from two different groups that were released around the same time.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote