Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 10:03   Link #3022
Snuffle
likes cute things

Time for my wild guess on Shizu's ability:

Harue made it obvious that she cares about what the sum of the dice roll is. My knowledge of mahjong is extremely limited (don't know all the rules, so I can't really play), but I had a strange theory about how Shizu's ability might work.

The theory of the dice needing to be pairs and how it affects the wall (or is it dead wall? ) is quite interesting (pairs = 1,1 , 2,2 , 3,3 , 4,4 , 5,5 , 6,6), but that makes it highly restrictive for Shizu. Now I know that in her previous game where Ryuuka was dealer and Shizu was trying to win against that orange hair girl (from Kentani school), the dice was 6,6. And the time where Shizu was against Awai the dice was 1,1. But let's ignore the dice being pairs for a sec and talk about my strange theory.

In the Kentani match, the seating was like this:
S=Shizu, R=Ryuuka, K=Kentai girl, O=other school

--O--
S---K
--R--

Now this is all going to fall flat on my face if my understanding of the dice count is completely wrong. I used this for reference... http://www.japanesemahjong.com/reach...break_wall.htm posted by eavein18.

The dice was a sum 12, Ryuuka was dealer. What if we were to count clockwise instead of the usual counter clockwise? 12 ends up on the Kentani girl. Could this possibly be who Shizu's target is? By ignoring that the dice has to be pairs, it would give Shizu much more flexibility for her ability.

In Shizu's battle with Awai, the seating was like this:
S=Shizu, R=Ryuuka, H=Himeko, A=Awai

--R--
H---A
--S--

Awai was dealer, she rolled snake eyes (a sum of 2), counting clockwise, that ends up on Shizu. But of course, Shizu can't target herself... So what happens? Maybe it goes back to who was the one that rolled the dice? That means her target was Awai.

Well.... It's just a strange theory I came up with... Don't mind me...
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote