View Single Post
Old 2006-06-05, 18:14   Link #118
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
Translation for MMORPG : they are withing buffrange
Translation for MtG or any CCG: when Lacus is in game Kira and Athrun gain aditionnal +20 / +20 flying trample phase renegerate 1 reaction cancel anyaction targeting this doesnt require them to be tapped

Orb = Cagalli faction ( about the same ) but it s a different nation could be concider ally. Cagalli is a lot more credible as a leader (if you except the "here is another tissue" issue from GSD) in the way she is at least doing something in order to see the situation, doing some diplomatic trip etc etc. Lacus just raise a bunch of kids on earth and .... knows everythings, has the money to devellop SF IF with Gilbert not knowing it, has a space station to park eternal, the list of improbable events happening in GSD could go on. In GS she was also doing those sort of incredible things. She is just a credible character too many plot holes or scryptwritter shaddywork helped her along the show.

I just watch GW a serie i refused to watch until now, i wanted to see if Relena could be compare to Lacus. Well i prefere Relena 10x more than Lacus. At least Relena struggles, she seeks revenge for her father, she gets her ideals stomped, she is forced to become the reprensentative of her opponents, she is manipulated but in the end she in a way succeeds. She wasnt able to save her brother and couldnt prevent war. Relena is definately better than lacus

/rant on
Sidenote GW is nice some good politic intrigue. Could have been better if :
1) the heroes werent from a boysband
2) if they could drop the bullshit about war being the deepest wish of humanity and there is no helping it blah blah [insert more bullshit about humanity tendancy to fight] blah blah... Would be better if it was just i m evil/racist/megalomaniac or any other more plausible reason for wars instead of the fake justification about the humanity's desire to fight...
/rant off
Except Relena never DID anything. If it wasn't for Treize's and Zechs's politicking and Wing Gundam Zero's PWNCANNON, nothing woulda gotten done. Forget about Relena...she's worthless and is just a damsel in distress that somehow finds a way to get her ass constantly kicked even though she has connections with the god pilots of the AC universe.

Edit: M:tG translation:

Lacus Clyne: 1W
Legendary Creature--Human Cleric
3W, T: Destroy target nonwhite creature, it can't be regenerated.
W: tap target creature.
As long as you control Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne, you win the game.
0/2