Thread: Smile Precure
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-11, 12:29   Link #58
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
The only "drastic redesign" I can think of is Heartcatch. Did it really backfire back then?
Heartcatch does have different art direction, but still they have more in common than differences. HC is still sweet & cute & all fluffy & frills. Personally if I have to choose a "redesign" it would be Fresh Precure. If I didn't know better and only look at character design, I would've thought I was watching mid-night anime with tons T&A. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Speaking of acting, who's talking about acting in those shows, after all, almost all actors/actress in those shows are beginners and it's apparent that skill-wise the supporting character are usually better acters/actress mainly due to experiences. (though giving them some credits, a couple do end up being fairly active in drama scenes after their skill matures) It's like saying you go watching Star War because of the great acting. Or watching professional wrestling because of the storyline. But feel free to PM me on what you think as it's not often for me to see people (non-girls) who seem to have decent exposure to tokusatsu that has that big of problem with both Sentai and Rider (usually it's one but not other) while still watch PreCure-type anime. People usually are just indifferent to them or didn't know enough to comment.