View Single Post
Old 2007-08-18, 12:05   Link #5
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Just a little FYI so that we're all clear: you understand that atheism is not the same thing as saying you believe in scientific laws or principles. Atheism is simply the disbelief of deities such as God or Zeus. How you choose to view the universe from that point is up to you. Quite simply, the term could be defined as a philosophy.

I mean like me - I have a strong faith toward science. I think the universe was created through big bangs and eons of dust gathering and comet impact. But at the same time, I believe that there are many things about the universe that we do not understand nor will I ever be able to understand in the 77 years I have left on this Earth. The world, in my point of view, was created according to complex yet natural laws. But I don't deny the possibility that there are deities out there who may or may not have contributed to the forming of the cosmos. Star Trek has taught me this and to keep an open mind.
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote