View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 14:03   Link #63
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Another's poor sales probably has more to do with Japanese otakus just not being much into Mystery/Horror than it has to do with P.A. Works in particular. Blood-C, Umineko, and Ookami Kakushi all also bombed, IIRC. I'm really starting to think that this genre just doesn't have a significant market amongst modern Japanese otakus. Another is Mystery/Horror done almost to perfection, and it has the added bonus of arguably moe character designs, so if it can't get this genre to sell, then I don't know what can.
Umineko and Okami Kakushi didn't bomb because they were horror; they bombed because they sucked.

Well, in all seriousness Okami Kakushi I doubt is regarded as 07th expansion's best work, and Umineko... well, a lot of VN readers complained about being a poor adaptation. And even excluding that; DEEEEENN was cheap with the DVD/Bluray features and didn't even offer much in the way of extras, or even bothering to make it look that much better. There's no incentive.... but I think they failed for much severe reasons.

Though I guess Higurashi didn't sell that well either, although it sold better still.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote