Thread: Natsuiro Kiseki
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 08:07   Link #210
Sol Falling

Ep. 3 subs have actually been out for a little while now. Was actually pretty nice.

If you didn't get enough of the "girls sticking to each other" shenanigans in ep. 2 then you're in for a bit of a treat. lol.

I thought the resolution with Natsumi's kid brother was also pretty nice. This episode was the first one in which I thought the emotional aspect was rather well done. It makes the impending aspect of Saki moving away a bit more real. I've got a bit more confidence now in the execution of this series.

Yuka and the intruding male will show up in the next episode. Rin's reaction to her and Yuka's brief encounter with him in this episode makes things a bit interesting. I think the producers of this series certainly must be consciously sending forth these yuri overtones. If that's the case, then I wonder how they'll play this "male sempai" scenario.

Certainly, though, I think the fact that "sempai" is voiced by Miyano Mamoru is completely irrelevant. Who cares who the voice actor is? Whether he ends up as Yuka's romantic interest or not, it's not like he'll have any major role in this series (it's about the four Sphere girls, duh). The obvious yuri pandering adds a layer of interest to the central premise (if we're gonna see these four girls all the time, why not have them be into each other? lol) rather than diluting it (oh wow, friendship, that's great) :P.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote