View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 01:45   Link #11
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I regularly visit MediaMatters.org, a progressive media watchdog site. They had this article pertaining to John Lott, who they called a "discredited gun researcher", for falsehoods he made while on CNN: clicky clicky
So is their analysis flawed or what?
Also, what sites do you recommend for accurate and reliable information on gun laws and gun violence in the U.S? I don't really care if they're partisan, (MediaMatters is openly liberal) as long as they're right.
Unfortunately you're going to have to do your own research into the various studies (such as the JAMA study on gun violence) if you want to find the truth of the matter.

That MediaMatters article is flawed BTW, and here is why.
It is working from the premise that gun ownership is the reason for violence in the US and the high murder rate.
It isn't as evidenced by Switzerland having mandatory ownership of actual military assault rifles and having one of the lowest murder rates in the world.

So what's the difference between the Switzerland and the US?
Gangs.
We've got far more drug gangs than most any other civilized country in the world.
This is also why Mexico is a war zone (which mangamuscle can attest to I'm sure).

Gang violence accounts (depending on the study) for 38-43% of all gun-related homicides in the US.
Stop the gangs and you stop the violence.
http://health.usnews.com/health-news...oung-males-cdc

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2012-07-25 at 01:59.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote