View Single Post
Old 2012-05-30, 14:41   Link #97
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
And yet, you'll still be human, limited to what you can achieve, sure, your journey to spiritual 'whatever' WILL end
(you have -forever- to achieve that) and then you recieved enlightenment?

...and then what?
You won't be a special snowflake, a god, or a universe, just an anomaly in a vast universe where everything is out of reach

Life as it is now has and end, and before you reach that, you'll try to experience things before the trip is over

Being immortal sets no goals, no ends, no achievements, and your imagination will eventually turn out to be limited, your desires filled
You'll have had all the time in the world to achieve everything, but achieved nothing

Do not think you'll gain absolute freedom, since you will still be confined to your own limits

The 'thing' you'll resemble the most is like those persons living in padded rooms having lost their mind, living in 'their own world'
But even then, I'll have to admit... that there won't be anyone to judge if that actually is a good or a bad thing
(Even in a realistic sense, in the current world, I couldn't judge that 'state' as either positive or negative, socially, it may be pittied, but there is no doubt some live very hapilly disconnected from reality)
Well goals are not set by your circumstances, it is set by yourself. And anything can be an achievement if you feel like it. Not everyone would simply say they have reached the end of the line and not do anything anymore.

Does the type of goal or size of achievement matter? If so, an immortal can set himself goals of greater variety and achievements of greater magnitude than that of a mortal.

What is a human? Humans are a complex organisation of cells made up of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids, which are made up of atoms that come from the nuclear fusion of hydrogen from stars. And yet we can think and act, we can observe and experience our surroundings.

If a human has a life and can experience it, so can an immortal. Being an immortal doesn't mean that you must try and achieve everything and have great goals, an immortal can also observe, learn and enjoy the universe around it like a mortal human. He just has a infinitely longer time to do so.

Its not about having freedom or not, its about having a chance to continue doing beyond a mortal life.

And what is reality? The 'reality' of a wealthy man living in America is different from a hungry child in Africa, everyone has a different 'reality'. And yet there is a higher 'reality', that we are just floating in space on a ball of space dust in a universe that may not have a purpose or any 'reality' on its own.

There is no difference in the grand scheme of things whether you're mortal or immortal, just that immortals get to experience life more. The question is whether you want to experience more or less, not whether you want achievements or goals.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote