View Single Post
Old 2008-06-24, 18:27   Link #977
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
"My breasts failed me!" LOL

Man, this chapter re-showed that scene that got through my fanservice-desensitized mind! But I'm glad the chapter is kind on Mimi. Of the three, she's my favorite character. I'm thinking Mimi just might be Reiji's savior (with Rin's approval). I think she can reach out to him in a way the adults cannot, and this will take Reiji by surprise.
I think you bring up a point which no one has thought of yet; might Mimi, with her shared similarities with Reiji, be able to cure him? Perhaps, although in fairness there are many reasons why this wouldn't work (which may be why no one brought it up):

1) Reiji is obsessed with Rin.
2) Mimi is the weakest of the three girls in terms of emotional strength. Her growth (helped a great deal by Reiji and Rin, inadvertently) is a recent event, and its doubtful whether she has the capacity or maturity to "heal" Reiji.
3) If helping Reiji implies doing so through a romantic relationship then it opens a whole new can of worms.
4)If Mimi can help Reiji come to his senses through friendship, that would be the ideal Happy Ending.

All in all its a long shot, but aside from Mimi, Reiji really has no positive relationship with any of the other characters in the story. If not her (or Rin), then he's doomed.