View Single Post
Old 2004-11-05, 22:05   Link #26
infested_ysy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787
holy shit! I don't understand sometimes.... I'm just trying to minimize my cost for collecting Models and I got called "cheap" ... what the hell.....

If i'm not mistaken... the HG and non-HG models don't have much difference except for their knees and elbows that can be moved.. so what the hell with that...

If i'm wrong, can you guys please tell me what is the difference(s) between HG and non HG.. and if the difference(s) is massive, then please tell me... crap!
People called people cheap because people buy cheap things... to hell with that :fingers:
Real men prefers MG models. Along with some white primers, a good airbrush, some Gundam marker and loadsa arcylic/enamel paint to play with.

You want to minimise your cost in collecting Gundam models? Good. I have the perfect solution for you. Go buy those "BENDI" bootlegs from china. I bet you'll save LOADS of money on those. An average HG 1/144 clone from BENDI would cost 1/3, or 1/2, if you're lucky, as compared to their original BANDAI counterpart.

Seriously, if you aren't going to paint your models, do Gundam fans a favor by buying other models that comes assembled and nicely painted. Things like... the HCM PRO figures, or the MSiA(s), or Gundam Fix Figuration series. But meh, since you're cheap, I doubt you'll ever want to spend some extra few bucks on quality by buying HCM PRO or GFF.

And people! DO NOT BUY HG KITS! GET MG KITS INSTEAD! XD

The HG kits seems to have a looser joint that could barely hold its weapon, especially when it's heavy (like my Heavyarms Custom, it's having problems posing with the bigass dual machinegun rifles due to its weak joint. I've resorted to coat a thin layer of plastic cement to fix that problem)

Besides, HG kits are limited to a very limited amount of posings, as compared to MG kits.

edit: As for my collections, I have:
MG 1/100 Gundam RX-79[G]
HG 1/100 Sandrock Custom, Endless Waltz
HG 1/100 HeavyArms Custom, Endless Waltz
HG 1/144 HGUC Gundam MK-ii
HG 1/144 Zaku-II (the clone from 08th MS team)
HG 1/144 GM-III (again, from 08th MS team)
HG 1/100 God Gundam
HG 1/144 Ez-Gundam
Gundam SEED A-Styling shokudan (have the Freedom and Justice. Not to bad, for a figure that small, around half the size of my MG RX-79[G])

Last edited by infested_ysy; 2004-11-05 at 22:16.
infested_ysy is offline   Reply With Quote