Old 2006-11-02, 23:36   Link #2253
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Unless one knows reviewers or has friends whose tastes he knows he can trust
I like Simoun. Qualifications met

Quote:
Interesting. These days I find that characters really make or break shows for me. I need to have at least one characters whom I can symphatise with and care about, even a little. Also, shows with great characters seem to have a greater replay value than those with great plot but not so interesting characters. For instance the interaction between the Simoun characters makes the beautiful battles and the main storyline about the war pale in comparison. I think I would have certainly liked Simoun if it was all about the battles and the twists and turns of the war and not so heavily focused on character development but I doubt I would have loved it if the characters were mediocre or even interesting but not properly developed.
Which is exactly why I think you'd like Kanon. Normally I wouldn't have even tried it, but then I found out something: Kanon is like the Jimi Hendrix of moe - it only feels familiar because everyone likes to (often quite poorly) imitate it.
It's quite popular and needs no advertising; I'm merely suggesting it here because people who like Simoun obviously enjoy interesting character-based affairs, and I think Kanon is relevant to these interests.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote