View Single Post
Old 2007-12-13, 20:44   Link #72
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Currently, Fairy Tail's 2 plotlines that seem to be grander than its usual stock is 'dissapearing dragons on 77777' along with whatever Sieglien is planning.

Otherwise, this seems to be just a story of the characters. We've already got Gray, Elfman and Mirajane, Lucy's half-way there, and it's implied Loki will be getting his arc soon. Natsu and Erza's seems to be a part of a grand plot, so theirs are most likely slower.

I agree that the continuity is weak, but it seems to be done that way on purpose. How it'll reflect later on the product is questionable, but at this point, it's not all that bad yet.

And the villains... well, I kinda like Sieglien, Gazille and the Gray-arc villains, but that's about it. Everyone else wasn't really inspiring. Fairy Tail's fast pacing is both its blessing and curse here, considering how Phantom was seemingly hyped to be equal to its best, but the end result and execution made Phantom looked like it was just half of Fairy Tail's full potential.
i agree w/ this guy. i really liked Gazille's character design. i was pretty dissapointed about phantom getting their ass kicked so fast, but i'd rather have a fast paced manga than those slow slow slow that takes months to resolve a battle co'naruto'ugh.

and phantom actually put up a really good fight. they managed to force the fairy tails to retreat and pushed them to a corner where they HAD to give it all they got.

as for the plot line, i actually like this random arcs. it gives the writer a chance to elaborate on his world. i'd like to see more stronger mages. hopefully more of Gazilles.
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote