View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 05:17   Link #4991
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Well, uuuuhm. I have to say I do not agree with you last two in the sense that none of that is my biggest gripe with FT- mostly because I don't buy any of it, Relena isn't going to die, it's glaringly obvious.
I don't even know what you're complaining about, seeing how anything Sumizawa has done with her and Heero was ship them really hard ^^'
I'd actually ove it if he stuck to his guns and had the whole thing end tragically, because from a story perspective, it isn't very intriguing to add the whole plot surrounding them just as a plot device to ship them- very fan fiction-esque and even more awkward considering the rest of the cast is a xeroxed version of the previous cast. I don't get the point of maintaining only Relena and Heero as their original versions. Baffling, that.

Then again, I also really loved how 00 concluded the Marina/Setsuna thing, it made a lot more sense than sticking these two together (which would've made zero sense), and I actually enjoyed the Feldt/Setsuna development even though nothing came of it.
(The thing I'm really sad about is that she didn't end up with Shirin... ... ... nvm ) And that kind of ending would've suited Relena very well too, being "married to her country" (e.g. fully devoted to her work) instead of chasing after fruitless romance, imo. Kind of breaks the stupid stereotype that you need to end up with some dude to be fulfilled/badass/anything as a girl.

That said, holy cow, what the hell has been going on here? I go away for a bit and I come back to find merciless fairies and DDR combat.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote