Thread: TERA Online
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 01:26   Link #45
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And whoever said it, EME is not a bad company. EME is 999999x better than Frogster, who is the publisher of the EU version. Even though I live in Finland, I'm going to play on NA servers. Also EME works directly under Bluehole Studios which is the developing company for TERA. The reason Elins were censored is because they wanted the game 12+ rating or something, instead of 15+ or whatever it got without the censors ..
Haha. Nope. Frogster has no say in term of censorship. EME is the reason the game was censored, not Frogster. You are aware the NA TERA site tries hard to hide the Elins while the European one doesn't, right? (the European site even had a Valentine Elin wallpaper last year way before their announcement)
I'm pretty sure the Elins could have passed with a 12+ rating in Europe. US ratings are just harder on nudity than Europe is.
From what has been said the Europe team can only pass their "suggestions" to EME, they just can't do anything on their own. Which is as bad if you ask me.
All in all, Frogster is pretty much just hosting the "Americanized version" of the game on their server, which explains why their Closed Betas always happen after the NA ones.