View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 02:54   Link #509
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
But again in my interpretation the way he let himself be killed had to be somehow explained.
Wow, I disagree... To me this was already explained in the scene, and being killed by his parent's puppets was just poetic justice at its finest. I thought it was such a great exit for Sasori; sometimes over-explaining can ruin a scene. In this case, I thought the explanation was adequate, and certainly didn't require something as drastic as resurrecting the character from the dead, especially when Chiyo essentially explained why he allowed himself to die in her brief retrospect. As Itachi-san states here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
it just begs the question of whether it was necessary to explain it or not. theres plenty of padding a story like this can have, but it becomes a choice between necessary info and over explanation.
...So for Sasori to be brought back merely to serve as part of Kankuro's coronation for becoming the next master puppeteer was simply painful to read. Kankuro could have also just as well done what he did here(essentially deliver a preachy speech) by some simple self reflection and retrospecting. There were plenty better ways to go about this imo; but was his coronation even really necessary? The answer of course, is no. You state here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
[...]so Kishimoto decided to use them as plot devices to show us how much did the good guys grown.
However, I think it would've been much better to have instead showcased some of the rookies such as (Neji, Rock Lee, Shino, etc) in higher-level battles against some of the more powerful never before seen characters. Would this not have better displayed growth and team work as opposed to what we've been shown, not to mention ruining some epic death scenes? They could have just as well delivered preachy speeches in this scenario as well if it was that necessary.

To me, resurrection is something quite drastic, and for the quality of fights we've been shown, this was largely unnecessary and simply not worth it. I don't find many of the fights put forth by the rookies very impressive, and that goes for the ones who were even shown in non-trivial fights to begin with.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-01-29 at 04:29. Reason: Unintentional spoilers
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote