Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-15, 01:16   Link #2973
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Pretty sure Hao and Choe are their first names.
Pretty sure that you have been mixing up Eastern order and Western order here. Most importantly, Choe Myeonghwa is half-Korean and Hao Huiyu is of Chinese descent.

To say it softly, I would have figured you would know name orders by now.

Quote:
Are you sure your right with Sera's name, because the translators seem to romanise it as Sera.
Her name is written as セーラ, which indicates it's most likely supposed to mean Sarah.

Quote:
Also you failed to spot Toki's naming also meaning time
怜 does not have the meaning of time in Japanese, and I'm pretty sure it does not have such meaning in any language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morli View Post
I think 穏 (Shizu) in this mean quiet or calm, referring to her "negating" ability. This is the easiest to figure out
Post was made last year, so now we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morli View Post
For 高 (Taka), it was rather hard with the amount of information we have. But I think this is referring to mountain, after that last scene with mountain like that. And in mahjong, mountain is known as "wall" as well. I'm inclined to believe Shizu ability is controlling that wall...

That ability related with her "negating" skill too, because if Shizu can control the wall, then Shizu can control which tile the player draw, no matter what supernatural ability they have.

And for your information, dice in mahjong give major factor on the wall arrangement...

For 鴨 (Kamo), that's referring to Shizu character I think
Surname is useless in analysis.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote