Thread: Licensed Ghost Hound
View Single Post
Old 2007-03-25, 15:03   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm not so sure on that. Unless someone at TAF who's seen the trailer can clarify, there's nothing to fully insinuate that Ghost Hound will be sci-fi. The upcoming manga release of Ghost Hound (( not drawn by Masamune, sadly )) this end of March reveals that's it's about a bunch of youngsters with special powers.

Not to mention Shirow's position in this is still strangely obscure. There's no doubt he's the one who's writing the story, but there isn't any full clarification on how it's going around in the anime, since Chiaki Konoka of Lain is apparently the scriptwriter for Ghost Hound as well. It's possible that Shirow's contributing the original concept and idea with Konoka writing the script, or even both of them working together with Shirow being the lead writer but there's too little information at the moment. Right now, all we know is pretty much that Ghost Hound is being touted a 20th Anniversary Production I.G work, and they'll be collaberating with Shirow Masamune in this work. At least we can expect some dough being grinded into this, that's fo sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Ghost Hound is not scifi. It's a "Spiritual Animation" with themes of occult and spiritualism. Shirow is NOT writing the story, he simply co-conceived the idea with Production IG. The writer and director duo for Lain is handling the anime series with character designs from the Hell Girl character designer.
Thank you both for keeping my level of enthusiasm in check. I'll change the genre as soon as it is confirmed what we can expect from this series. I'm still going to remain giddy as long as Shirow-san is invovled with this show in any manner imaginable though I would like to think (just like Nightengle) that the concept came from Shirow-san's head. Btw, would very much appreciate if a link could be provided for us eager ones who want to see the trailer so badly.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote