Thread: Double Arts
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-06, 19:46   Link #1
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Double Arts

I haven't seen a thread for this one yet...

It's a new shonen manga by Komi Naoshi, a new manga-ka. I think this is his first series.

Anyway:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaupdates description
A boy and a girl are forced to join hands for all eternity!? In a land ravaged by an epidemic known as "Troy", the only people with healing arts capable of stopping the seizures caused by the disease are the Sisters. Although they have a high resistance to the disease, they are searching for a person who is truly immune, if they exist, so that they can find a cure. The main character is Sister Elraine, one of the Sisters who becomes infected with Troy. But, when she touches Kiri, a seemingly ordinary boy, her seizures stop. Could he be the one!?
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=26485

There are only three chapters scanlated...and I think only three chapters out, so the scanlation pace is going quite nicely. From what little I've seen, it has a very good potential. To be sure, the character designs aren't anything I've never seen before (though the girl is cute ), and the boy's spunky-haired look isn't particularly inspiring. However, so far he hasn't shown any signs of being particularly lecherous, annoying, and possessing of other Generic Shonen Lead Behaviors (tm), which is very good, and there's still a lot of mystery behind him...

I'm not sure if this is going to be a long manga or a short one. The premise seems straightforward enough: get that miracle kid/possible cure to the Cathedral as soon as possible, and avoid the (still mysterious) enemies hunting them along the way. However, I could easily see it extended the moment they reach their destination, as something big will naturally happen by then. And of course, the whole hands-being-tied-together thing is a recipe for romance or just some sweet moments.

As of chapter 3, it seems they will not be traveling just together, with a new girl appearing already, and a potential fourth teammate coming to them with an elite squad of bodyguards. It's only starting though, and the manga could go just about anywhere.

I find it to be interesting and pleasant enough to follow through. Let's hope this one turns out great, because potential should never be wasted, and another good manga is never one too much!

Thread created only for archiving purposes pretty much, since it's way too early to discuss anything in detail.