View Single Post
Old 2006-07-11, 23:23   Link #76
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I read the NHK manga eons ago, but for some reason my interest in it waned, and I stopped following it. My original interest in NHK mainly lies in its exhibition of an unsound mind, Satou's psychological delusions and behaviours. I never thought NHK was that disturbing, just curious enough to raise an eyebrow. But then again, I have to remind myself that I also possess a slightly tainted mind. The first episode captured well of Satou's abnormal mentality. But even with my fuzzy recollection, I felt the manga was a bit more hardcore than the anime, which is congruent with what more faithful manga readers' comparisons above. While casually strumming my Washburn, I inadvertently figured out the chords to the song that was playing when Satou decided to out to get a job. In the key of C Major (or A Minor), the fundamental chord progression is: Dm-Fmaj7-C. Quite simple actually. If strummed with open chords, I think the high E string is muted with all three chords. Anyways, my disposition for this beginning episode is, overall, good. With respect to this hikikomori phenomenon, I eagerly await to take Psychology 300A&B - Behaviour Disorders, where I can then truly dissect people like Satou, and consequently, of myself.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-07-11 at 23:35.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote