View Single Post
Old 2015-04-03, 12:36   Link #38
P_Dezz

^the only thing those 4 doofuses made him think, is that he should be a king. Doffy would have killed any one of them for betraying him, or if they tried to usurp him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yeah, it did look like Luffy was getting the upper hand against Dofla in hand-to-hand combat. Trebol had to intervene, after all. While it's true that Dofla is not at 100% thanks to Law's shenanigans, Luffy's also sustained some damage because of his holding back against Bellamy. But now that Trebol is done for (hopefully), there's no more BS to keep the two from fighting to the end.

Before I was kind of on the fence about Luffy soloing Dofla (and was leaning more towards no), but this chapter has shifted my views a bit. Now is the time to truly see the results of two years of training under Rayleigh's instruction. It just may be enough to edge out the birdman. This will be Luffy's toughest fight yet (comparable to the difficulty he had taking Lucci down, I suspect).
You really shouldn't be honestly, Lucci was actually a better fighter than Luffy was. Luffy is an adaptive genius, and was able to counter his rokushiki abilities after watching how Lucci moved around in their first encounter. Doflamingo is so high level that he has hasn't been pushed in a fight for at least some 20 years, that's why he had the attitude he had against Luffy coming at him, saying it's impossible. Now having someone that's more or less at his level, that knows how to fight until he can't move anymore and in his face constantly is something Doffy may not be prepared for. And they're even as far as I'm concerned. Luffy fought in the colosseum, raced to the palace, got kicked out of the palace, and had to fight his way through Dressrosa, and then a showdown with Bellamy. He may not have the internal damage Doffy just got, but he's for sure got way more fatigue.

Last edited by P_Dezz; 2015-04-03 at 12:47.