View Single Post
Old 2007-07-26, 17:15   Link #1
drkstar

The Will of D. SPOILER

i don't know if one of these have already been posted.
we all there are certain characters in the one piece world who carry the title D.
the carry of the initial D. all have a strong sense of believing in achieving their dreams. all the D's so far have all been incredibly strong, and are able to withstand inhuman pain and injuries. It is also not bound just to the human race, as proven with the introduction of the giant, Saulo.

In the story line Doctorine (Dr. kureha) was the first to mention the will of D. and reveal that Gold Rogers name was really Gol D. Roger.
"Dr Kureha: Do you know of Gol D. Roger?

Dalton: D? You mean Gold Roger?

Dr. Kureha: Is that what they call him now? It looks like...my little reindeer has followed a dangerous man. So it still lives... The will of D."

An odd thing about the one's who carry D. is were ever they turn up the seem to encourage or ignite change. sometimes seem as if they are drawn to fate.

The D's are very powerful. Gol D. Roger was said to be equal in strength to Whitebeard, who currently holds the title of "The Strongest Man in the World". Luffy defeated powerful villains such as Sir Crocodile, Enel, and Rob Lucci, and received a bounty of 300 million beli. His brother Ace, with his mera mera abilities, is feared , and well-known, and has physical strength on par with that of Luffy.

Dragon, the revolution's leader, is viewed as a serious threat by the World Government, and seems to be incredibly strong. Garp has monstrous strength and endurance, enough to intimidate Luffy (though this seems to be because of Garp's wierd training methods). Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard) is also powerful (possibly equal to Shanks), and is currently viewed as a candidate for seizing Whitebeard's title as the strongest man in the world. also a person asked to take sir crocodile's position in the shichibikai (the seven war lords of the sea)

Jaguar D. Saulo was also very strong, since he was able to lift a Buster Call ship out of the water and slam it back down, thus destroying it. However, as he is a giant, this is not an unusual display of strength, though it is still something not every giant could do.

Their lack of fear may be because of their strength.

The biggest mystery with the D's is that those that carry the D themselves do not seem to fully understand what it means either. When asked by Nico Robin why those that carry the D fight, Monkey D. Luffy was completely clueless as to what she was talking about, as was Jaguar D. Saulo when she asked him during her childhood (displaying an absence of knowledge on the subject of the D).

the D's that are known to us & are alive:
Monkey D. Luffy
Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Garp
Portgas D. Ace
Marshall D. Teach

Known deceased D's
Gol D. Roger
Jaguar D. Saulo

that is some information that I have on the Will of D.
I was wondering what people thought the D meant, when the writer Eiichiro Oda was asked he just replied "it reads as D for now, it will be revealed in due time". I think it stands for DESTINY but what are your thoughts?
drkstar is offline   Reply With Quote