View Single Post
Old 2004-02-22, 08:18   Link #47
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
Not a single one of you have any right to talk about Final Fantasy at all!!!! It seems to me that you all picked up on the series at 7? Well let me tell you that there is a whole world of FF out there that none of you will probably ever know. 90% of the inuendo and special stuff is going to be lost on you because they all hark from days past. The black mage from 9 is redesigned on the origional black mage from the very first game. In fact anyone who likes FF9 will like it a whole lot more if they have played all the games. You get to hear some old old music in the black mage villiage if you collect the right items. But back to the point that if anyone thinks the games are in any way linked... just kill yourself now for making unfounded and idiotic assumptions. Final Fantasy got it's name because back in the days of NES Square was a failing company, they decided to throw all there resources into one last game and hope for the best... this game was known as Final Fantasy because of the fact that it could very well have broken the company. From there they decided to make it into a kind of genre of it's own, no two Final fantasy games are the same or linked!!!! They do have some hints at the other games from time to time but that is only a bonus for those of us who have actually played the games... all of them... I long for the days of sprite based gaming again. 3D doesn't mean better! Go out and get yourselves the old FF titles and I think you will be pleased. ^^ anyway sorry ablout getting angry there, but when ppl choose to talk about FF7 like it's the beginning of the "series" I fly off the handle.
You know. I picked up the series at FFVII and I knew all that crap from about 3 years ago when I actually cared about what Square were doing anymore.
Actually, I started with Mystic Quest, I randomly played that and both loved it and hated it (because it was Final Fantasy, even if I knew nothing abour FF then and I hated it because it kinda sucks). The only FF games I havn't played through are FFI-III, and that's because they're kinda too old to enjoy playing for a first time now. Actually, I got into FFI/II, but I just stoped playing them for various reasons. FFI battle music > you all! I want to play FFIII though, it looked kinda good.

And don't call it FF7, it's FFVII. Same with the other names.

And 3D >>>>>>> 2D, but as someone said, I'd rather have a good 2D game than a bad 3D game. You just can't rake in the atmosphere points in FFVI like you can in FFX.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote