View Single Post
Old 2010-03-30, 16:38   Link #1061
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
That's an interesting theory.
I always just assumed Bismarck was simply one more person who couldn't help but fall for Marianne's charm, but now that I think about it, I really wish the staff had lost a few words on what kind of relationship Bismarck had with her and Charles. Their very own Jeremiah, or was it something with much more history than that?
Lots of room for ambitious writers to expand on.

Bismarck could have been Charles' friend. Alternatively, Bismarck and Marianne's friendship (they were at least that, if he dies saying her name) could have predated Marianne becoming Charles' queen. Maybe Bismarck was the third wheel who lost out. Maybe Charles and Marianne (not the kind gentle lady like everyone remembered) were aware and took advantage of Bismarck's loyalty/love for him/her. He might even have gone along willingly.

Maybe Bismarck didn't completely lose out, and since Charles had 108 wives to pay attention to, he--aware that nothing lasting would ever come of it--had a fling or two with Marianne, and if Charles learned about it he probably let it slide because Bismarck is his Enforcer and irreplaceable in that capacity.

I'd stop short of Bismarck turning out to be Lelouch's biological father (although that would help explain why Marianne didn't love her son THAT much, and how Charles was cool with sending Lelouch off to Japan), but the possibilities are endless.