View Single Post
Old 2010-09-30, 15:33   Link #584
ForbiddenOne

More questions:

Is Rai immortal or what? I know he doesn't have a code, and that his long sleep (and lack of aging during said sleep) can be explained by the mysterious powers of the island he was on, but the text I keep reading says that he tried to commit suicide after that one big battle and could not due to his contract.

The hell does that mean? As far as I can tell a contract is not actually binding in any way- Charles can yoink V.V.'s code (albeit intending to fill their contract in the end), and Mao didn't have to kill C.C., nor did Lelouch.

I can understand if the contract itself was some kind of geass-like effect, like the geass Tohsaka can put on Shirou if you make the wrong choice in Fate Stay Night, physically stopping him from violating the contract, but that does not appear to be the case. (although it might seem that way since Rai wants to die in the royal guard endings but asks to be killed rather than committing suicide.)

Also, Rai survives getting shot multiple times at close range, as well as a variety of other situations (although presumably not when his knightmare explodes...)

Again, that can all be explained by anime physics and plot armor, but... yeah...

???

And was it stated that Rai's body was enhanced somehow (presumably by the scientists while he was asleep)? How? And how did they fill him with information while he was asleep? Or was he being experimented on, and at some point he woke up and got taught stuff, then escaped and somehow forgot the facility too, or.. or... ??? And where is this facility? Does it ever come up?

My head hurts >_<.
ForbiddenOne is offline   Reply With Quote