View Single Post
Old 2013-05-27, 19:44   Link #4286
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thryfe View Post
In HF Zouken already knows she wont fight and also Shinji is about to get Rider shortly after. Sakura doesn't Fight at all during like 90% of the route. Idk im just finding it hard to accept that Zouken gives up so easily in Fate, he talks about how no one knows how painful it is to rot they way he is. Now his experiment turns out perfect and hes got the tools he needs to get what hes been after for hundreds of years, an opportunity like that may never happen again. In HF creating that small opening in Sakura was as simple as mentioning Rin. granted its because he knows about Shirou.
No, Sakura isn't fighting willingly in HF, but what he does manage to do is activate Angra Mainyu inside her, which means she will end up fighting eventually, one way or another.

Quote:
Think about this for a second, WE all could see plain as day that Sakura has feelings for Shirou right from Fate alone. I Think its sorta pushing it to say Zouken wouldn't notice over the course of an entire year. Even if he didn't, consider this for a moment. In Fate Shirou is inside the Matou house when he talks to Shinji, as soon as he finds out Matou is a magi family Shirou asks if Sakura learned magic as well. When Shinji tells him only the heir learns and she doesn't know anything Shirou says I see, thank god then. Right after refusing to join Shinji, Shirou himself tells shinji that he may be persistent and asks about Sakura again. Once Shinji answers him Shirou says "That'll help. I want Sakura to stay like that."
Shinji replies by saying if hes worried about Sakura so much he should thank Shirou as her brother. I mean come on this was in the damn guys house you KNOW Zouken would be listening lmao.
It's not so much that he doesn't know she has feelings for him as he doesn't know that he can use those against her. In particular, he has no idea that Shirou is a master. Sakura won't tell him, and he isn't likely to be out spying on a war he has no interest in.

Quote:
Zouken is such a dang pain in the ass and hes a master manipulator, right there he would of Jumped for joy and used that information. He wouldn't have a reason not to, he would try to mess with Sakura's mind again. From HF we know how the guy is and i'm just finding it very hard to believe that he would overlook such things and not keep trying.
The thing is that you're making a false assumption that he's given up. He hasn't, he's just waiting for a better opportunity. Even Sakura still has usefulness outside the war, in that she can provide him with another heir to experiment on.

Quote:
No one knows about him so hes not really in any risk, the only Reason that would make sense is if hes dead.
Well, Kotomine knows about him, for a start. And, even if no-one knows about him now, if he gets involved in the Grail War they're likely to find out. And, at least three of the masters have good reason to want to kill him if they find out the full truth (or, in Kotomine's case, just because).

Quote:
The only way that could happen is if in the Fate route he doesn't have as long as he does in the other Routes and he has Withered away, because I have to admit trying to kill that guy takes way too much effort without Sakura being hurt.
That doesn't make sense, because all three routes start from the same point. If Zouken died early in Fate he would also die early in HF.

Quote:
All the routes are sort of their own separate story and what may be true in one isn't guaranteed in the other.
Nope, all three stories have a common beginning, if something is true in one it's true in the other two.

Quote:
Kotomine saying hes already retired. That way it wouldn't be some huge plothole like I personally think it is if he is alive, again my opinion.
It's a bigger plot hole, because it implies that Shirou choosing to walk Sakura home magically extends Zouken's lifespan by several decades....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote