View Single Post
Old 2008-03-29, 19:23   Link #96
vio5555

So the biggest revelation of the series is perhaps that True Tears (current story of Shin/Hiromi/Noe) mirrors the (past story of Shin's dad/Shin's mom/Hiromi's mom), from what is being said.

Hiromi played the role of Shin's mom, which explains why Shin's mom didn't understand her at first since she thought Hiromi was playing the role of Hiromi's mom, and that explains her past bitterness since Hiromi's mom originally caused Shin's dad's heart to waver. Around episodes 8-9 Shin's mom begins to understand that (Hiromi is probably doing all the same things she did 30 years ago; i.e. trying to date a random guy to not stir the boat) and does a "180" since she now understands that Hiromi is actually filling in her role. It also explains her line in ep 13; that the "waiting is hard" for Shin/Shin's dad to go and talk to Noe/Hiromi's mom. Thus, the behavior of Shin's mom towards Hiromi is consistent under this interpretation of the past.

Noe plays the role of Hiromi's mom which is that she's the one who Shin/Shin's dad wavers towards..., and probably the reason why Hiromi's resentment to Noe mirrors Shin's mom's resentment towards Hiromi's mom.

Shin plays the role of his dad, which is obvious to some extent, and the fact of course that he asks his dad when a man cries true tears, which is when of course, "his heart wavers", so we know his dad went through this same kind of drama with Shin's mom=Hiromi, Hiromi's mom=Noe.

I think this kind of interpretation completely serves as the answer to the general criticism leveled over the treatment of Shin's mom and her relationship with Hiromi. We can pretty much completely conjecture based on the hints dropped after that, that the parallel to the past should clear up all of Shin's mom's original feelings in eps 1-9 that she thought Hiromi was like her mother, but in 10-13 she understands that Hiromi is actually like her.

Either way, I have to give solid props to the series for managing to deal with everything that was raised over the previous 12 episodes in the final episode, since most of my questions have been answered with solidly dropped hints (although I still think Shin should have said something to Hiromi before running off to Noe at the end of 12...).