View Single Post
Old 2011-09-06, 16:36   Link #29
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Holy Shit!!! Good as hell as always Man, wish I could find a good replacement for another series when S;G ends. Ehh.... what is Steins;Gate anyways? I'm guessing it's some kind of another worldline which is not either alpha or beta...

Haha... and I had totally forgot the metal upa mentioned in the very first episode. Jeez, it seems Kurisu's father made a good use of it

EDIT: So, Okarin from 15 years in future also experienced the same worldline as Okarbe from now? Wow, that's some news to me, I thought his future self wouldn't recognize it
Don't forget, his future self is him - so whatever Okabe from the present experienced, his future self would have experienced the exact same things.

By what way do you mean he "wouldn't recognize it", by the way? What wouldn't he recognize - the alpha world line?

And now, to my opinion.

I thought this anime couldn't get any better after that peach of an episode last week. I was wrong - oh boy was I wrong.

Absolutely sensational episode from start to finish and I am more than confident that the finale will live up to what we have seen of late.

Episode 22 was 11/10 in terms of romantic emotion between Kurisu and Okabe (and was an outstanding episode in it's own right).

Episode 23 was 11/10 in terms of absolutely everything. Didn't expect the Dr. from Ep 1 to be Kurisu's dad (I'd completely forgotten about him - he had such little screen time after all) - and my heart sank when it turned out Okarin had murdered the one he loves (tears were forming, believe me).

However, my own thought is that such an event was one of many possibilities that could've led to Kurisu's death (look at Mayuri's multiple deaths - hardly any of them were the same. Moeka killed her every so often, but we had the death whereupon Nae pushed her in front of a train ) - it's just that Okabe badly lucked out in terms of which one occurred.

Intriguing how Mayuri claimed that Okabe's voice was deeper 15 years into the past - I honestly didn't think there was much of a change between now and 15 years in the future.

The return of our resident mad scientist for the finale? Oh yeah, I dig. Skyclad no Kansokusha as the ED theme was an absolute peach - very nice touch.

By every stretch of the imagination, in my eyes, S;G is the anime of Spring 2011. Period.

(Makes you wonder how good Chaos;Head would have been had it been 24 episodes long and by White Fox instead of Madhouse).