View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 18:40   Link #2209
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
My god my amp is pissing me right off. It's getting to the point where I might send the damn thing away, get it fixed and then sell it for an amp that is actually an amplifier as opposed to a computer with a huge speaker. Here's a list of problems I'm having:

-When using the wah pedal, the amp will randomly cut out after about 10 seconds.

-The amp will randomly crash, making a loud squealing sound.

-The amp controls will lock up randomly, and a restart is required to fix it.

-Guitar tone occasionally goes incredibly tinny for no apparent reason. It's had to describe. It sounds very digital, fuzzy and tinny.

-After crashing, the amp has to be left for 10+ minutes before it will even turn back on again.

It's locked up on me 4 times in the space of about an hour tonight, and it's getting to the point where I don't even want to play because of how much it's irritating me. I've gotten in contact with the place I got it and Peavey, so I'll try and work something out from there. If I do have a chance to get it fixed, then I'll do so, so in the future I can sell a pretty much new amp in order to afford a nice tube combo or something.

Lesson learned - If you want a guitar amp, but a guitar amp, not a computer with an input socket and a speaker.

Sorry for ranting a bit, but I really wanted to get that out.