View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 03:00   Link #30370
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
The reason you don't follow those explanations is because you're unsatisfied with them. You think those explanations are dumb so you create fanfiction, an alternate theory from the obvious one. Then you fill fake plotholes, that you created yourselves, because they don't fit with how your fanfiction works. You're not even open to the possibility that his solution could be true. And you get offended whenever someone brings up personality death. You create alternate theories and change it to things like "identity death" so it makes sense to you. When that's not what it is.
...Okay, no. You can refrain from condescending down to me, thank you very much.

I didn't create the plot holes in Umineko, I merely noticed them. Such as the unaccounted for door in EP3's First Twilight, or the bringing up and unresolving of plot threads, such as Kumasawa's connection to Beatrice, or even just pointing out very wonky details, like the fact that there's no way for the stories we read to correspond to the forgeries Tohya wrote, and that there's no sensible reason to lock up the truth or for the Witch Hunters to stop speculating if they're denied the truth, or keep speculating even if the truth is revealed.

These plot holes exist. You can argue their significance, but you cannot argue their existence. Renall and I deliberately create outlandish counter-examples to demonstrate thought experiments, philosophical and ethical arguments, or to elaborate on points people are not getting, but that's entirely different from writing fanfiction and bitching about it not being validated.

Quote:
He didn't get rid of his creative rights and hand them over to you. He's saying "if you don't like my answer, and you think it's dumb, feel free to write your own, because you're going to do it anyway"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_the_author I was talking about this; this is something Ryukishi brings up in both his novel and in interviews. Please take the time to understand what I'm talking about before you feel it necessary to make blatant assumptions about my character, stances, and beliefs, such as "You refuse to even consider his answer might be true" (which is fucking retarded because I used to be a Ryukishi apologist until around the one-year mark since EP8's release).

If you're not going to address my actual arguments, points, and criticisms, and are instead going to attack my character, credibility, and honesty, then you can get the fuck out and not talk to me anymore, are we clear? I expected better of you, Judoh.

Quote:
And he didn't spell it out because he didn't want the internet to be used like an answer key. He wanted people to enjoy reading the story without being spoiled. He wanted people to reason out his answer on their own.

The answer still isn't any less obvious. The culprit is Yasu. Touya is Battler. And apparently Ange represents you, the reader.
People can use the internet for spoilers anyway.

"Yasu did it." "Who's Yasu." "She's Shannon and Kanon simultaneously in a Split Personality thing and she wants Battler's cock." "Oh, okay."

If someone wants spoilers, they're going to get it. That's no reason to cop the fuck out of giving his story a proper ending where things are explained, and it definitely doesn't mean he should badmouth his readers and try and put off ignorance as a moral good.

If Ange represents the readers, he shouldn't be making assumptions of what we want and what will make us happy with the story. That just makes him a smug know-it-all.

I'll also point out that, again, Yasu is probably not the culprit, and even Ryukishi has admitted to that possibility himself. Even if she was, the final scenes bring up extreme doubt about what happened, implying that Yasu never put things into action. Don't tell us to think about what happened and then not reward that effort; that's just lazy.

When you challenge someone to a game, you don't take your ball and go home before the score is tallied.