Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 11:34   Link #2903
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 15 - Live Across the Galaxy (Some Delays May Be Experienced)

Most of what I know about Japanese variety shows comes from anime. And even in the far of future world of 0048, they appear to be just as they are in the modern day. Full of large text overlays, possibly humiliating tests and a wild audience. So it made for a fun episode. Sonata seems to be the most suited to a variety show, while Makoto's "reaction technique" running gag only got funnier as the episode went along. Chieri was separated from the group for a long time, so I wonder if that explains her low ranking. She works best when she's with Nagisa, or something like that.

Mimori stole the show in the two scenes she was in. The pudding and the dodgeball game both looked very exciting. Sexy exciting. A nice chance to get some breathing room after last week, but it also continued a bit of the tension that the last episode built up there at the end.

Gonna need a few weeks to adjust to the new opening and ending. They're both fine songs, but the catchiness of the front half's themes are still in my head.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote