View Single Post
Old 2007-06-23, 00:48   Link #315
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Don't hold me on it, since I am unable to rewatch A's, but I recall that a major requirement for it to succeed without it respawning itself was for Hayate to be in complete, actual administrative control of the Tome...and since it was mildly corrupted to begin with, it means the timing where it goes berserk. I think the idea was to seal it at the moment where having passed complete administration to the Meister, both of them are to be flashfrozen at the instant of awakening, before she could think or even command anything, and then later seal her in a prison dimension to prevent someone from melting the ice.

Basically, the idea is to complete it, but at the same time, to permanently put it in a situation where neither the Book or the Meister can do anything about it without destroying it, and effectively cancelling it's Auto-Revive haxx that has caused TSAB problems over the decades.

Of course, the long-term viability of it may be questionable, since Chrono did say that it might find its way out...probably, but if you consider what the "generic" method is, it actually held some weight. Technically killing one girl to save many more in the coming years.

Let's face it...had the Meister of the Tome be the same old power-hungry jackasses the Wolkenritter had served over and over for god knows how long... there would've been more deaths involved, and the happy ending of A's is quite improbable.

True, many things can go wrong...like Chrono finding out, but when even if Graham's plans fail, there's still Arc to use. It just means that 11 years later, they'll have to face another incident. Same ol' same ol'.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.