View Single Post
Old 2008-03-28, 02:47   Link #720
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
But it was pointless. Not even pointless in a "lets show them the horrors of war" kind of way. to me, it seemed like they purposely put in a kind-fuck just to mess with us. That annoys me like no other.
What's a kind-fuck?

Anyway, Gundam 00 Episode 24 is up.

Be somewhat forewarned, in this article I finally go full on against a lot of people also blogging this series who have frankly annoyed the heck out of me with their pokes and prods about me, the series and how it should apparently be seen. It's not something I do on a whim, but as a response to a good 3-4 months of putting up with these people and letting them have their moment to see if they would just knock it off. Seeing as they haven't I get to play at my original angry anime fan self for the first time in well over 5 months. It doesn't mean I'm going back to my old ways of nastiness that I regret from my days on the Haruhi forums and is a one shot all in one response to a whole buttload of things I had hoped to keep to myself in the spirit of friendly coexistence with people I frankly just do not see eye to eye with.

Anyway, I felt some things could have been handled better this time. The Albatori for the first time has made me say "Overpowered" and really seems like it came out of Gundam Seed. Also the death of Moreno was about as overwrought as you can get with Ian's reaction and the deaths of Chris and Lichty while poignant carried on a bit too long. Also the absence of Key characters like Ali and Graham just took away from things a bit. The Union is no longer a part of this battle and it feels instantly different with their absence somehow, like the spirit of the battle (No Garaham or Darryl....I might have to change my own name from Graham to Garaham)is lost in a sea of just a touch to much depressing sorrow. Tieria makes up for it somewhat with his sudden Garness that seems like the end result of the character growth we've seen in him over the course of the past 7 or so episodes and gives the battle a bit of a sense of purpose other than just the Meister's fighting for their very survival.

The Victory Gundam atmosphere really was evident throughout this whole episode, I really have to say. Victory Gundam for those who don't know is the last of the U.C Series whose title is a misnomer as it's mostly about the characters suffering loss after loss after loss and experiencing nothing but soul crushing grief.

I gave this episode an 8, because I felt it was very good, but could have been a lot better.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote