View Single Post
Old 2012-06-07, 07:32   Link #1208
judasmartel
*Author

There's been talk about the NBA being scripted among forum discussions in our country. Usually, the flames come from the Lakers and Heat fans who can't accept the fact that the Lakers were out of the Playoffs early (I meant by "early" they should be in the Finals, if you know what I mean), and that the Heat are only one loss away from elimination.

I know some of you aren't surprised by these talks but imagine what could have happened in 2002 should Sacramento have gone into the Finals instead of the Lakers.

IMHO, it is the NBA marketing's job to market the NBA Finals as convincingly as possible, even if teams not named Lakers, Heat, Celtics, or Spurs fight for the championship. Yes, even if its the New Orleans Hornets vs the Charlotte Bobcats. If they fail to do that, I won't watch the NBA anymore because high-market top-tier teams always advance to the Finals anyway.

@ECF This really is a must-win situation for Miami, or else they would break apart, and Bron might become the butt of "ringless" jokes for the next century.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote