View Single Post
Old 2012-02-09, 15:36   Link #1184
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I don't like Kagura because he calls Mikono a wench.
Yeah, I wish he'd tone that down. Yes, yes, I know he probably has a heart of gold and all that, as characters like him tend to, but gah, that "kuso onna" is seriously grating.

Shrade can't die, he just made it to the ED. And who's going to fuel Sazanka's fantasies if he's dead? Don't die, Shrade~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
See, the problem lies with 'intention'. Considering none of us are Kawamori or even the staff who decided MF's course, we can never be too sure whether they intended to or not, apart from the knowledge that the ending was planned (premeditated if you will) all along.

So what are we left with if you take out 'intention'? The audience's response to the event. And going by the final impressions thread and especially the final episode thread of MF, I'd say a good number felt 'trolled'. Heck a good number specifically used that term.
I dunno, to me it makes sense that they planned it all along. I mean, the triangle was the main theme of the show, if they resolve it in the end of the series then many people won't be as interested in the movies because they already know how it ends - also, the loser "team" would feel alienated. Hence, open ending for the series, resolution in the movies. (I'm pretty sure that they planned the movies from the start, if Frontier did well enough... and it was obvious from the first couple of episodes that it would do well enough.) Of course I can't say for certain that there was no-one on the staff who went "the shippers will have kittens trololol" but I'd like to think there was a more reasonable explanation behind it... ^^;;

(And to make this even more off-topic, re: trolling... I dunno, lately it seems people use "trolling" when they mean "the story doesn't go the way I hoped/thought it would." To me trolling would be Kawamori pushing say, AltoxRanka and randomly pulling an AltoxSheryl in the very last minute. Or if he had the two girls ditch Alto and hook up with each other in the last episode. I would've liked that, though. 8D Something like "I wanted to see a resolution and I didn't get one" is IMO not trolling.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote