Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 16:32   Link #1865
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Going into this episode, I have to admit I was hoping for Inaba and Iori's relationship to become seriously strained with the realization that they both love the same guy. I was hoping for some real drama and continuing conflict there. But the anime chose the Shana/Kazumi approach instead, because it plays things safe with the whole "Friendship Always Triumphs" approach that you see in a lot of anime shows.

Basically, Kokoro Connect doesn't go off the well-trodden "anime" path as much as I'd like... but it also maneuvers down that well-trodden path better than most.
I really wish Kokoro Connect didn't shy away from doing any lasting damage or continuing conflicts with its characters. I was also hoping to see Iori and Inaba's friendship to be at least somewhat strained (any girl would feel angry if a friend kept trying to hook her up with a guy, only to then want him for herself). I didn't expect it to actually happen precisely because the show doesn't like to stray too much from where it already is. Things might get serious, but they get fixed so quickly that they don't seem threatening.

Still, by episode 5 I had already accepted what kind of show this is and that's really the only way to enjoy it for what it is. And despite not doing as much as it could have, I have to admit that it does the already-done well. Despite everything it's a good show.

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-09-09 at 03:13.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote