View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 18:38   Link #390
kyp275
Meh

To add on top of relentless's points,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
b) Reflexes are not only mental abilities, it is mostly body response. Body tends to react faster then your mind can figure out what happened. If body is not trained, mental reflexes won't do you much good.
O.o

Technically, if you want to talk about reflex as in actual medical terms (which you seem to be doing), then you're actually very wrong - reflex by definition does NOT pass through your "mind" - ie. brain. It is an involuntary and automatic response, there's no getting faster - it's an automated process by your nervous system, it happens without, and regardless of your brain, examples includes breathing and your heart beating.

Mental reflex is a bit of a misnomer, as it really has nothing to do with the actual physiological response. In SAO's case, it's more about how fast a person's mind can react to what's happening, as the game is controlled purely through a Brain-Machine Interface - the NervGear, your actual body, outside of the brain, does not come into the picture at all.

Quote:
It still doesn't change the fact that her promotion is too high at this point of story.
Story wise there isn't much place for her to develop now.
Why? you don't know KoB's internal policies, you have no idea how SAO politics work. One year is too fast? I've seen people climb up the political ladder in Eve Online to the top circle in their alliances in far less time than an year(and alliance in EVE can be FAR bigger than guilds in any other MMO, going upwards of 5-6000+ members), it's all dependent on each specific individual and the situation.

I also fail to see how Asuna's standing within KoB has anything to do with her character development, I think it's pretty obvious even at this point of the story that SAO isn't about MMO guild loldrama.

Quote:
Oh please, no matter how good you are you won't go from loser to hero in just one year. Unless you are a genius and Asuna clearly isn't. Someone who just began doing martial arts will never beat master in just one year. They might catch up faster than usual people but not in one year time, sorry.
I believe I've address this earlier already, Asuna was by no means a "loser", even at the start, I really don't understand what you're getting hung up on.

Quote:
That gun logic is out of place. People of this world are way too calm for their situation. It doesn't look like they are bothered. Whole panic from episode 1 was gone in an instant. Right now it looks like they are living their normal daily live in medieval setting.

What is actually another minus of the show. Characters actions don't match up with what should be happening.
I'm not sure what you're expecting them to do, live in panic for a year? Humans generally adapts very quickly, those who don't will break down long before the one year mark. I get the feeling you don't actually have much experience with actual stressful situations, especially ones involving life-and-death scenarios.

Quote:
c) We are talking about anime here, not novel. Don't mix two together.
You and many others constantly keep saying "Novel this and novel that" and totally ignore anime as a stand alone material.

So stop protecting anime every time it messes up.
eh, I'm pretty sure most of my responses has been specific to the anime for the most part, when I bring up the novel it has been to show the shortcomings of the anime, instead of using it as a defense.

TBH, I have no interest in "defending" the anime anyway, the SAO anime is far from perfect, esp. the first half, but I'm merely pointing how the holes in your arguments
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote